Burn for Me

Burn for Me -  Ilona Andrews 5 stars

One of my favorite reads of 2014, Burn for Me is an action packed race to save Houston from a psychopathic mage who uses fire to level anything in his path. Set in an alternate world where a serum gave some people incredible magic powers, Nevada is a private investigator struggling to make ends meet for her family. When she's given the mission to bring in Adam Pierce before he kills anyone else, she knows that she's a sacrificial scapegoat for the powerful families that own her firm and rule Houston. Nevada can tell if someone is lying to her, and she knows that everything she's been told so far is a lie.

With the help of Mad Rogan, another human with unmatched destructive powers and few ethics, she's on the chase of her life to keep those she loves and the entire population of Houston from going up in flames.

I loved this book! I wasn't going to read it at first because of the cover, which I don't think represents the book well at all. I thought it would be a PNR with lots of sexy times - it's not. It's more of an urban fantasy with a strong heroine, a badass hero who finally meets his match, and a whole lot of sexual chemistry. And a ton of adrenaline laced action scenes. I LOVED it! I want MOAR!! And I want it NOW!!